WeChat –Chinese largest Internet social software – will launch “WeChat Go SIM Card” together with KPN
WeChat has reached an agreement with European operator KPN to launch a new European countries roaming SIM Card in July 2017 for Chinese tourists travel to Europe -------”WeChat GO SIM card”, it is the first 4G (mobile phone) prepaid SIM Card for tourists officially launched in cooperation with a European operator which has exclusive privilege for WeChat users.
“WeChat GO” is an outbound tourism project of WeChat -------- a product of Tencent, the China’s largest internet services provider and one of the most popular apps worldwide. WeChat hopes they can enhance the cooperation with overseas partners, jointly to provide services to more than 120 million Chinese outbound tourists and wholly improve their travel experience.
KPN “WeChat GO” SIM card provides 2 packages for users to choose.
- Package 1: 15 days validity: Contains 1GB 4G Data, 30min for calling in EU and towards China, Free receiving calls & SMS in EU
- Package 2: 28 days validity: Contains 4GB 4G Data, 60min for calling in EU and towards China, Free receiving calls & SMS in EU KPN
“WeChat GO” SIM card is more than just a SIM Card, it also provides many creative services for WeChat users.
1. 500MB 4G bonus Data for WeChat users in the packages.
2. One-step service for users to check their status and usage and top-up online via WeChat Mini Program.
3. Lingcod TV Chinese video VIP service corresponds to the validity period to satisfy users’ need of enjoying hit show and entertainment on the road. The video service is exclusive provided by Global leading Internet video operator ------ Sunway Media
The “WeChat GO SIM card” will be available in China’s well-known e-commerce platforms, European international airports and most convenience stores shortly.
Koninklijke KPN N.V.
2516 CK Den Haag